What Is Addiction?
Addiction is the use of a substance or a behaviour where the rewarding effects provide a compelling enticement to repeat the behaviour despite detrimental consequences. The addiction activates the reward pathways in the brain and the neurotransmitter dopamine. People with an addiction are more likely to suffer with stress & anxiety and depression.
Signs of addiction -
- Spending a lot of time using substances or engaging in the problematic behaviour.
- Incapable of cutting back or stopping the behaviour.
- A strong desire/craving to use or engage in the behaviour.
- Inability to accomplish duties at school, work, or at home.
- Relationship or social problems resulting from use or behaviour.
- Hobbies which you used to enjoy are abandoned in favour of use or behaviour.
- Tolerance to the substance or behaviour.
- Withdrawal symptoms upon cessation of use or behaviour.
- Euphoria resulting from use or behavior.
- Psychological and physical withdrawal symptoms.
- Loss of control.
- Perceiving mind-altering effects.
- Denial of problems, even with evidence
What causes an addiction?
There’s many different causes of addiction however genetic or other biological factors may contribute to vulnerability to the condition, social, psychological, and environmental factors have a powerful influence too on addiction and the lack of ability to tolerate distress or other strong emotions are associated to addiction.
How can hypnotherapy help addictions?
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can help you by allowing you to take control of your addiction and creating more motivation within you to make the necessary changes in your behaviour. Hypnotherapy can help you to understand and reduce your cravings and desires giving you a more conscious awareness of your triggers. While at the same time reducing stress, anxiety and improving sleep patterns which will allow you to be more resilient in your daily life.
A Hypnotherapist will help you think about what you really want to accomplish, what goals you have, and then you are ready to begin.
Hypnosis is completely natural, safe & relaxing. You will remain conscious and in complete control during the treatment.
All client data is kept strictly confidential.
We offer a free initial consultation before any treatment begins