At the Beardwood Practice, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Your privacy is very important to me, so I have created this Policy in order for you to understand how I use, disclose and make use of personal information-
- Disclosure of all information during therapy and consultations remains confidential.
- The client will be treated with respect and care at all times.
- I have a professional obligation to report to relevant authorities any concerns if I believe the client may be intending to cause harm to themselves, the therapist or others.
- A query on suitability or conflict of therapy with other practitioners may have to be sought occasionally, with client permission.
- If you have symptoms of illness/pain etc., it is highly recommended you seek medical advice from your GP.
- A full copy of the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy’s (AfSFH) and/or the National Council of Hypnotherapy’s (NCH) Code of Practice is readily available. This agreement complies with that of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), UK voluntary regulator for complementary therapists
- I have a policy of 24-hours’ notice of cancellation of appointment, otherwise the full fee will be charged
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is concerned with the personal information about you that I Christine Beardwood collect, store and share.
The following details of my GDPR policy -
PERSONAL INFORMATION I WILL COLLECT.
- Your Name and address
- Date of Birth
- Relationships. occupation and lifestyle
- Telephone numbers and email address with your signature giving consent for me to contact you by telephone, text, voice message or email.
- Details of fears, habits and sleeping patterns
- Medical conditions relevant to the sessions
- Prescribed medication
- Details of your GP for me to contact in case of emergency or in the rare situation where I feel you may harm yourself or others
- Any other information you feel you would like to share (but this is optional)
- Session summary of what you want to achieve by coming to see me.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Christine Beardwood is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. When you attend your initial consultation Christine Beardwood will ask you to provide certain personal information, for example your name, your address, both postal and email, telephone number, as set out in the initial consultation form. Christine Beardwood will store this data collected securely and hold it on computers or in other formats, and use it for the purposes outlined below.
Christine Beardwood collects personal data for the purposes of administration and communication with clients. Christine Beardwood only uses personal information within the context of the purposes outlined, and it will only keep the information as long as is necessary to support these purposes.
Christine Beardwood will not pass on your personal information to any third party unless you give her permission to do so, or Christine Beardwood is required to do so by law.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyses web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our website uses third party cookies from Google to track visitors to this website for our own management and reporting purposes and to display map information. This information is anonymous and cannot be linked to one individual. This helps us analyses data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most browsers allow you to control whether or not cookies can be saved to your computer. This website provides useful information about how to change your browser’s settings should you wish to block or delete cookies.
We do not use any other type of cookie.
What we don’t do:
- Remember or store any personally identifiable information
- Send information to other websites
- Record your visit so advertising on other websites is more relevant to you.
EMAIL MARKETING LIST
We have an email marketing list with a double opt in process whereby you have to confirm your email address and if you are receiving emails from us this is because you have signed up through our website. If you do not want to receive these emails, please use the unsubscribe link on the bottom of the email.
SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
The Beardwood Practice website is hosted on a PCI compliant and secure server and all interactions with the website are through secure encrypted connections. When paying for any services provided by The Beardwood Practice via our payment form, you will have the option to pay by Credit or Debit Card using our secure service supplied by PayPal. You do not need to be registered with Paypal when you make a transaction to us. We also accept Cheque, Bank Transfer or Cash.
We accept almost all major credit/debit cards for online orders and use Secure Card Encryption so your information is extremely safe. We will contact you if there is a problem processing your payment. Operation of the Beardwood Practice site is completely secure and is solely within the control of The Beardwood Practice.
Protecting the personal information you provide us is of utmost importance to us. We therefore take the following steps at to ensure this:
- We do not sell your personal details to third parties or supply them in any way other than to our payment processor in connection with your order.
- All credit card numbers entrusted to us for payment purposes are handled securely and only by authorized staff. No credit or debit card information is stored by The Beardwood Practice.
- PayPal provides the secure payment facilities for your credit or debit card information. They are one of the most common and reliable service providers and use a secure server, with a firewall, and encrypts your information before transmission.
HOW I WILL STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Paper: written notes (described below).
- Smartphone: I will store your contact information in my phone which is password protected. I do not store your full name, I keep a record of your first name followed by the leading letter of your surname. This allows me to contact you in case of emergencies or to re-arrange appointments, if this is a suitable way for you to communicate with me.
- Email: your email address and correspondence will be stored in my email account by nature of you contacting me. This will be deleted once we have finished the sessions and signed you off. Any relevant emails that I feel needs to be kept will be printed off and added to your written notes.
- Website: none of your personal information is stored on my website, other than to momentarily collect and send it to my email account for the purposes of our initial contact. Any further communications are deleted once the correspondence has been completed.
- Initial Consultation notes including contact details.
- Client/therapist Agreement
- Brief Session Notes
- GDPR Agreement
- Contact name and telephone numbers
HOW I MAY PROCESS/SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Peer Supervision
Even though I am a fully qualified hypnotherapist myself, I will occasionally undertake peer supervision as a form of good practice. This process allows me to voice any concerns I may have in a safe environment which is strictly confidential. In order to protect my clients’ privacy, my co-supervisor will not know you personally or professionally. I will refer to you by a Pseudonym and I may refer to your information verbally when it's helpful to the professional processes.
If your health is in jeopardy or I feel you may harm yourself, I may share your contact information with an emergency healthcare service (e.g. GP or Mental Health Crisis Team).
If I become aware of your intent to cause harm to another person/organization, the law may require that I inform an authority including sharing your contact details.
ERASING YOUR INFORMATION
When we have finished working together, I will erase electronic copies of your information and any correspondence within one month of completion of the sessions.
I will store your written information in a secure place for up to seven years after the completion of our work together. This is so that I have a reference of our work in situations such as you returning to sessions in the future and it is also an obligation under my professional standards and insurance policy. After this time has passed, I will shred the written information.
You have the following rights:
- To be informed of what information I hold (i.e. this document).
- To see the information, I hold about you (free of charge for the initial request).
- To rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To withdraw consent to me using your personal information.
- To request your personal information be erased (though I can decline whilst the information is needed for me to practice lawfully & competently).
NB: A printed copy of this statement will be given to you when we first meet at the Initial Consultation.
If we agree to continue working together, we will both sign the printed copy of this statement to indicate our agreement.